Optimal Ratio Moisturization Two-Step Overnight Mask
Easy 30 Day Returns
Where the product you purchase is subject to our "Easy 30 Day Returns Policy" you can purchase direct from us with confidence, and definitely no hassle. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, we simply ask that you return the product to us at least half-full within 30 days after the date that you placed your order. Please ensure that you are satisfied with our return policy before placing an order. The costs associated with the return of the product(s) must be met by you.
Once the product has been returned you will receive a product refund together with the delivery costs that you paid up to the amount of our standard delivery charge (unless we have already refunded that charge to you in connection with any other return) or a product exchange to the same value (subject to availability and reason for return) depending on your preference. The refund will be made to the same payment method used for purchase. Please see below as to how to return the product(s).
Where your order benefited from a discount or offer by virtue of it being a custom bundle, eligible product combination or due to your shopping cart value, then if you do not return the entire order we will recalculate the order price of the products that you have chosen to retain using the prices and appropriate discounts (if any) applicable at the time of your original order. We will then refund the difference (if any) between the price of your original order and the recalculated order. Where the value or nature of your original order entitled you to a free gift you must also return that free gift at least half-full at the same time, failing which we reserve the right to deduct the price of that gift from the refund (or charge you any excess, if the value of the free gift is greater than the amount of the refund due). Please note that pre-made kits (eg The CSA Philosophy Kit) are considered single products and must be returned as one item with each item in the kit returned at least half-full.
If your product was purchased from another e-tailer, you will need to arrange your return with them directly in accordance with their own returns policy.
How to return
Simply contact us for a returns number and, upon receipt of your product, we will issue your refund.
Standard Returns Policy (excluding E-Gift Cards). Consumer law requires us to inform you that if you offer to contract with us, or contract with us, as a consumer - that is, as an individual acting wholly or mainly outside your trade, business, craft or profession – you may benefit from a statutory right to withdraw your offer or cancel your contract within a 14 day period. Please see the section in our Terms of Service headed "Cancellation Rights – Consumers" for further information.
Wake up to deeply hydrated skin with H.E.O. Mask, a two-step overnight mask that takes a fundamentally scientific approach to long lasting moisturization.
- KEY BENEFITS
- The three key pillars of moisturization: humectants, emollients and occlusives, are combined in an optimized ratio to replenish dry and dehydrated skin.
- The complexion is left supple, smooth and intensely nourished.
- KEY INGREDIENTS
- Humectants, Emollients, Occlusives (H.E.O.) including Multi-Weight Hyaluronic Acid, Glycerin, NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factors), Ceramides, Squalane
Optimized H.E.O. RatioBuilt on the three principal moisturizing strategies: humectants (H), emollients (E) and occlusives (O) are combined in an optimized ratio developed in the Medik8 lab.
Gold Standard Moisturizing ComponentsAn all-star line-up of multi-weight hyaluronic acid, glycerin, Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF), squalane, ceramides and dimethicone amongst many more are brought together in one two-step mask.
Overnight HydrationH.E.O. Mask promotes a visibly plumped, nourished complexion; free from crepey fine lines, flakiness, tightness and general discomfort that are all associated with dehydration.
Two-Step MaskHumectant ingredients are found in the first step; the cooling blue gel that gifts skin with a hydration boost. Emollients and occlusives are combined in the second step which helps to support the natural skin barrier, leaving skin feeling nourished and cared for.
Ideal for Dry & Dehydrated SkinPerfect for persistently dry and dehydrated skin; whether caused by lifestyle factors, genetics, living in colder or low humidity environments, central heating or perhaps an overly drying skincare routine.
How It WorksLow moisture levels in the skin are caused by a natural lack of water or by an ongoing increase in a process called transepidermal water loss, or TEWL. TEWL is the process of water within the skin rising to the surface, and escaping. It’s a normal and healthy skin function, however too much TEWL and the skin becomes persistently low in moisture. This is a problem that can get worse with time.
- There are ultimately three ways that a moisturizer can solve this problem; increasing water content, preventing the rise of water to the upper skin surface, and minimising evaporation. Humectants, emollients, and occlusives have these effects respectively. Many moisturizers contain two of the three, but for the greatest possible effect, H.E.O. Mask combines all three in an uniquely optimized ratio for synergistic hydration power.
- H.E.O. Mask is applied in 2 steps for the greatest effect.
- Humectants (water soluble) are found in the first step; the cooling blue gel that gifts skin with an instant hydration boost. Multi-weight hyaluronic acid has the capacity to hold 1,000 times its own weight in water by drawing H2O molecules to itself like a magnet. Glycerin, a natural humectant, is famed for its water attracting properties. NMF including urea, amino acids and sodium PCA work to attract and hold water in the upper layers of the skin, enhancing the skin’s ability to retain moisture.
- Emollients (oil soluble) and occlusives (water-repelling ingredients) are combined in the second step which helps to “secure” the moisture from step one and help to improve ongoing hydration. Ceramides, squalane and linoleic acid work to support the natural skin barrier, leaving the skin feeling nourished and cared for. Primary occlusive dimethicone provides a protective barrier over the surface of the skin, to help to prevent excess water loss.
- Together, the perfectly optimized H.E.O. ratio is able to infuse moisture into the skin and help to retain it in order to prolong the hydrating benefits.
How To Use
- After cleansing in the evening, as the last step in your skincare routine, apply the blue gel of H.E.O. Mask to face, neck and décolletage, avoiding the eye area.
- Allow to absorb for a few minutes then gently massage the white cream of H.E.O. Mask into the same areas.
- Leave overnight, and cleanse as usual in the morning. Apply 2-3 times a week or as required.
- Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to medik8.co/patch for an in-depth guide to patch testing.
Multi-weight Hyaluronic AcidWith a unique ability to attract and retain more than 1,000 times its own weight in water, hyaluronic acid draws moisture into the upper skin layers of the skin, leaving the complexion both nourished and supple.
GlycerinAs a natural humectant, glycerin helps to trap water within the skin to leave it feeling hydrated and comfortable.
Natural Moisturizing FactorsFound naturally in the skin, Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF) work to bind and hold water in the skin. NMF levels in the skin decline as we age, therefore NMF components, such as urea, amino acids and sodium PCA are useful to boost hydration in more mature skin.
CeramidesA selection of lipids naturally found in the waterproof barrier that sits on top of the upper layers of the skin. Ceramides are essential for retaining water and supporting the skin’s natural protective shield.
SqualaneSqualane is an almost skin-identical lipid that helps to support the natural skin barrier, working to moisturize and nourish the complexion.Full Ingredients
- NO ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCE
- PARABEN FREE
- VEGAN FRIENDLY
- NO SYNTHETIC COLORS
- NO PHTHALATES
- ALCOHOL FREE
- CRUELTY FREE
- ZIPPER FOUNDATION
The Science BehindH.E.O. Mask encompasses Medik8’s ultimate strategy to moisturization - combining humectants, emollients and occlusives in a dual-phase overnight hydration mask. The skin needs all of these components for true moisturization. Humectants are conditioning agents that attract water to the upper layers of the skin. They possess lots of hydroxy (OH) groups which can hydrogen bond with water, and therefore are able to retain moisture and keep skin hydrated. Emollients are made from long chains of fatty acids which can use their lipid properties to form a waterproof barrier on the skin surface. This helps to retain water. Occlusives are mainly oil-based, and are made up of large molecules which are too big to penetrate the skin. Instead they sit on the top of the skin surface and help to reduce transepidermal water loss (TEWL). It is essential that all three (H+E+O) are used in combination to achieve the perfect balance of true moisturization that H.E.O. Mask strives to provide. Daniel Isaacs, Director of Research
Gel: Water, Glycerin, Saccharide Isomerate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Glucoside, Urea, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Allantoin, Sodium PCA, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Crambe Maritima Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Hydrolyzed Gardenia Florida Extract. Cream: Water, Squalane, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Linoleic Acid, Ceramide NP, C12-16 Alcohols, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sorbitan Olivate, Xanthan Gum, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Lactic Acid, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Acetyl Glucosamine, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate.